Academy Member Inducted 2010Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1988
Louis Selig is a Credentialed Distinguished Mediator and one of Houston's and the Gulf Coast's most experienced mediators. Since launching his ADR career in 1988, he has mediated in many different states nationwide and has handled over three thousand cases, many of which have involved complex issues, multiple parties and very significant value claims. He has also lectured and spoken at numerous CLE seminars over the years.
Mr. Selig is a member of the National Advanced Mediator Panel of Mediation Arbitration North America (MANA) headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition to his work as a mediator, Mr. Selig has conducted basic and advanced mediator training, and has served as a speaker at seminars hosted by Texas Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Association of Attorney Mediators, and various industry groups. He has been recognized as a credentialed distinguished Mediator by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association. He is also a member of the Garland Walker Inns of Court, affiliated with American Inns of Court.
Before leaving USA&M, Mr. Selig served on its National Committee on Standards, Training and Quality Control. Before leaving New Orleans, he also served on the faculty of Loyola University Law School's Trial Advocacy Skills Credit Program.
- ADA Disability
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Natural Disasters
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- USA&M National Advanced Mediator Training, 1993 (Chair), 1992, 1991;
- AA White Center Advanced Mediator Training, 1993;
- USA&M Basic Mediator Training, 1987;
- Tulane University School of Law, LLM in Admiralty credits re injury and death litigation, 1981;
- Louisiana State University, JD, 1974, BA, 1971.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- National Advanced Mediator Panel of Mediation Arbitration North America (MANA)
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, Credentialed Distinguished Mediator
- Association of Attorney Mediators
- Garland Walker Inns of Court, affiliated with American Inns of Court
- Loyola University Law School's Trial Advocacy Skills Credit Program
- USA&M, previously served on National Committee on Standards, Training & Quality Control
FLAT FEES (PREPAID) A. Single Day, Two to Four Party Cases: $1,850-2,250 per party (parties represented by the same attorney are counted as one party). B. Single Day, Five or More Party Cases: Per diem base rate reduced by $100 per each additional party in attendance and participating. C. Multi-Day, Multi-Party Cases: Fees vary depending upon such factors as number of parties, amount of pre-mediation preparation required, number of mediation days, complexity of the issues, travel requirements, etc. We customarily quote fees once we have been provided with such information. D. Half-Day Mediations: $1,050 per party. EXPENSES Reimbursement is sought for travel expenses, such as airfare, lodging, taxi or auto rental, as well as extraordinary expenses to which the parties have agreed in advance.